(please cite if you publish work using the software)
MIDAS: software for analysis and visualisation of interallelic disequilibrium between multiallelic markers.
Tom R Gaunt, Santiago Rodriguez, Carlos Zapata, Ian NM Day
BMC Bioinformatics 2006, 7:227 (27 April 2006)
[Abstract] [Provisional PDF]
Installation (Windows 2000/XP)
- Install Python v2.4 from www.python.org: (click here for direct link to installer)
- Install MIDAS v1.0 using installer file
- Run program from Start menu
- Ensure Python and Tkinter are installed on your Linux system (see www.python.org).
- Download and extract the MIDAS program.
- Run using command python
Installation (Mac OSX)
Possible but not fully supported. MIDAS for Linux should run on Mac OSX platforms with Python 2.4 and Tkinter (http://www.python.org/download/mac/). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help with this.
Note: Some mouse control software may restrict use of the scroll-wheel for the zoom-in function. In this case please use the "i" button on the keyboard for zoom in, "o" for zoom out and cursor keys to move. The zoom functions can also be controlled from the View menu.
Please email email@example.com with comments or